ACDSee Photo Editor Review
ACDSee Photo Editor Overview
ACDSee Photo Editor is a lightweight photo editing product that is developed by the well-known digital image editing and management company ACD Systems since 1994. ACDSee Photo Editor 10 has a concise user interface and user-friendly guide. It supports rich RAW image formats, camera models and provides rich image processing functions. For example, it can help users resizing photos, adjust the exposure, retouch, and repair images like removing dust, smoke, vapor, fixing red eyes and restore detail and lost color. It also allows users to use a lot of plug-ins when you repair photos, and many Photoshop repair plug-ins can be used in the software. In addition, in order to protect your copyright, you can use this program to add text or watermarks to the image. The whole process is very easy.
ACDSee Photo Editor 10 does not require you to have professional image editing skills and don’t have difficult learning curve. Compared to using Photoshop, it’s much simpler to use, all you have to do is to use its provided practical filters and special effects to your images. ACDSee Photo Editor 10 has a lot of photo editing styles, which allows you to retouch and repair your photos quickly.
1. Supports to adjust the exposure.
2. Supports color management.
3. Supports to retouch and repair images (remove stripes, spots, and fix red eyes.)
4. Supports to correct image exposure in an Instant
5. Supports to use many filters to increase the effects and performance.
6. Supports to rotate the image, add text and watermarks.
7. Supports the RAW editing of over 500 camera models.
8. Provides rich advanced color tools.
9. Provides creative filters and special effects.
10. Provides simplified brush selections.
Pros and Cons
1. ACDSee Photo Editor is compatible with Photoshop plug-ins and is the perfect Photoshop replacement. It provides precise pixel-to-pixel editing, positioning, filters, etc. Its price $29.95 is quite cost-effective.
2. ACDSee Photo Editor provides users a great Help/Guide Section. If you are first to get photo editing work, you don’t have to worry about that because the Guide will lead you directly and make you easily understand how to get started step by step. You do not have to be technically advanced to produce great pictures if you have the ACDSee photo editor.
3. Its image editing functions such as cropping photos, fixing red eyes, resizing photos are all straightforward & quickly done. Image basket is handy to have all the images that you are going to use in your digital scrapbook layout.
4. In particular, its iOS version ACDSee Pro is powerful, although it’s not a FREE App because any effects you want are provided. It is the most powerful photo editing tool in the ios version I have ever used.
After a trial for a week, ACDSee Photo Editor 10 still has the same problem as its previous version, it will be freeze-ups in file management when renaming, copying, or moving files. This problem still have not been fixed yet, so it is Not recommended for a large library of images more than 100,000.